Who Is Eric Anderson?
Eric's Personal Story
As a powersports business man, protective helmet/apparel manufacturer and rider for more than 50 years, Eric Anderson has built a vast base of knowledge related to motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs and off-road vehicles. He has been an MSF certified Rider Coach as well as a ROHVA certified Driver Coach. He began working with the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) and Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) in the early 1980s before entering the business side of powersports developing and marketing protective apparel and helmets. Later in the 2000s, he became an elected Board member to the MIC 10 times for a total of 20 years of experience directing the industry from the highest levels. Founding Scorpion Sports with its associated ScorpionExo brand of helmets and protective apparel was an industry success story touted by trade magazines and thousands of dealers who recognized the disruptive marketing, unique distribution channel and price viability of the fast-growing brand. Later as Vice-President Sales & Marketing of the industry’s largest aftermarket group of companies, Motorsport Aftermarket Group, he directed the sharing of best practices and training between the best industry brands while also building an online university for those brands and their dealers entitled Powersports University.
QUALIFIED AS A MOTORCYCLE EXPERT WITNESS
Competitive by nature, he has also built businesses specializing in the design and manufacture of innovative protective riding apparel and helmets. He has also defended his own and related manufactured brands against lawsuits, having experience in both depositions and testifying in court. He currently remains the chairman of the Apparel and Helmet Sub-Committee of the Motorcycle Industry Council and runs his own consulting business and marketing agency.
CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & PUBLICATIONS
• American Motorcyclist Association Lifetime Member
• Motorcycle Industry Council Member (current)
• Motorcycle Industry Council Helmet & Apparel Sub-Committee, Chairman (current)
• Motorcycle Industry Council EV Committee member (current)
• Motorcycle Industry Council Aftermarket Committee member (current)
• Pine Nut Mountains Trail Riders Club (current)
• Off-Road Driver Coach ROHVA Certified (current)
• Editor-in chief ROXOR Adventure Magazine (non-current)
• 32-year monthly columnist “Confessions of a Customer®” in powersports trade publication
• Chief Strategy Officer for Dealernews.com, powersports industry trade publication
• Cycle World Magazine Adventure Edition, “Out of Africa” article 2018
• Advanced SCUBA Diver (current)
• Private Pilot, Night Rating, Aerobatics Rating on British Syllabus (non-current)
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
University of California Santa Barbara, Bio Sci Major, Coaching Minor 1975
University of California Santa Barbara, Graduate Degree in Education 1976
Peace Corps Biology & English Composition Teacher, Kenya 1976-1979
Motorcycle Industry Council, Motorcycle Safety Foundation,
Specialty Vehicle Institute of America 1980-1986
Intersport Fashions West, V.P. Sales for Protective Apparel 1986-2004
Scorpion Sports, ScorpionExo Helmets & Protective Apparel 2004-2011
Vroom Network established, Private Consulting Firm 2011-present
Motorsports Aftermarket Group, V.P. Sales & Marketing, contracted 2011-2014
Quadski Amphibian Regional Sales Manager, contracted 2015-2017
ROXOR Off-Road launched new brand of vehicle, contracted 2017-2019
Piloteer Agency established, powersports marketing & branding 2019-present
Dealernews Magazine, volunteer co-founder to restore old publication 2019-present
National Powersports Dealer Association, volunteer co-founder 2020-present
Do you have questions? Let Eric help you.
For more information about our services and prices, please contact Eric Anderson so we can discuss your specific needs.